[Techtalk] Non-delivery?

PCasper sylph at cyber-dyne.com
Mon Nov 24 21:35:31 EST 2003

Question for the email-literate people....

I'm finding that a number of emails to me are being bounced... only from a certain domain (comcast, who provides cable access to this area)

The error which comes back when the email is bounced is as follows:

Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
Arrival-Date: 20 Nov 2003  5:57:04 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <sylph at cyber-dyne.com>
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other address status
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:57:12 -0000

Subject: Returned mail: delivery problems encountered

A message (from <koocheekoo at comcast.net>) was received at 20 Nov 2003
5:57:04 +0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<sylph at cyber-dyne.com>
Permanent Failure: Other address status
Delivery last attempted at Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:57:12 -0000

My question for y'all is this: is the bounce happening on Comcast's level, before it connects to Cyber-dyne, which is my ISP, or is it happening during the connection to Cyber-dyne. Once I know where it's happening, I'll know who I need to yell at in order to start getting my email. I've searched google, but it hasn't given me anything useful, other than telling me that someone's objecting to relaying mail through.

--Poppy