[Techtalk] iptables logging to stdout

gretchen at gretchenann.com gretchen at gretchenann.com
Sun Nov 16 18:43:54 EST 2003

Iptables is logging all dropped packets to stdout.  It's driving me
crazy because on our network there are quite a few things going on and
sometimes it fills up my screen quite quickly rendering simple tasks
almost impossible.  I've checked my syslog.conf, and nothing is set to
log to the console except for emergency messages, which these aren't
because emergency messages are also logged to crit.log and they aren't
showing up there.

This started after I tested quite a couple firewall programs, firestarter,
and guarddog.
How do I make it stop?
Gretchen