[Techtalk] finding libs not installed from packages

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Nov 16 15:06:11 EST 2003

I'm trying to figure out a way to search a system for libs installed
from sources. The idea is to clean up a mixed system-one with both
package-built and source-built programs. And use various tricky hacks
to insert the source-built libs into the package database, either RPM
or .deb.

The latter part is easy, simply build fake packages. But I'm stuck on
finding the source-built libs in the first place. I don't need a
detailed howto, but some pointers as to what tools to use would be
luverly.  :)

--
Carla Schroder