[Techtalk] Recruiting :^)

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Thu Nov 13 17:30:35 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 14:45, aqua cool wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 08:15, Staci wrote:
> (...)
> > > come up with a way to spoof it, just like I can
> > set Mozilla to pretend it's IE. :)
>
> How do u do it btw? :)

In Konqueror, just go into the Settings Menu, Configure Konqueror, Then
click on Browser Identification on the left (might have to scroll to see
it). There you can choose what items to send to the web sites as
identification and what to leave out.

Opera has similar settings, and lets you (iirc) even disguise yourself
as using Netscape/Mozilla or IE. I don't use Opera anymore though so I
forgot where it is in the menus. I switched to Konqueror. Faster and
seems a bit more accurate rendering fonts.

In Mozilla, I poked around for awhile and couldn't find a place where I
could change this type of thing. Maybe someone else could help (I would
be interested myself for Mozilla).

TechChiq
Home Page: http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)