[Techtalk] [FS] I'm back! Is there still interest?

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Mon Nov 10 13:32:37 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 07:04, Meredydd wrote:
> Yes, I'm back (cue screams), with network in my cozy little cubby once
> more. I'll probably take a while to get back up to speed (there seem to
> be a lot of new people here since I was last around - hello to you
> all!), but once I'm properly back in the groove, how much interest is
> there in the resumption of my Filesystems course?

Hi. :) I would be interested. I have just recently moved over to Linux
100% and while I have a background in other distros and versions of
Linux and also OS-9 Level II (Tandy Color Computer 3), I still would
like to learn more about the Linux/Un*x fs. I already know how to
mount/unmount and do things as root (and yes, backup ;) But things like
the /proc area (which I looked into) and networking stuff (such as if I
connect my computer to another physical machine via serial port or
network cable, or if I have another computer dial mine and connect that
way) are things I'm not at all familiar with in Linux. As for file
systems, of course, it would be nice to learn how it all works. I'm
slowly getting used to where things are placed. So I definitely would
like to learn more.

TechChiq
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)