[Techtalk] Perl Sockets Communication

januhe januhe at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 23:50:27 EST 2003

Kai MacTane,

My name is Javier Nunez and I want to ask you a question. I was looking
a script that you made to change passwords from a CGI script you opened
a socket to a server running a daemon that  change the password.

Well I create two scripts that run on a UNIX environment and one is
running as a daemon, the other is connecting every month to the server
to request the password change. My problem is that I do not know how to
handle the passwd command.

How do I redirect the output of the passwd command  and how do I pass
the command the string that I'm going to use as a password.

Could you pls. help me on this If you want I can send you my perl
scripts to you to check them out

The reason why I'm asking is because I found in
http://www.linuxchix.org/pipermail/techtalk/2001-August/008554.html a
text where you got the same problem some time ago.

Please help me to solve this and thanks in advance

Javier

---

Javier Nunez

januhe at cox.net