[Techtalk] a and d characters

Dominik Schramm dominik.schramm at gmxpro.net
Sun Nov 9 11:47:37 EST 2003

Hi,

interesting topic. I don't know yet what this is all about
but I'm on it. :-)

Brenda Bell wrote:

>Quoting Hamster <hamster at hamsternet.org>:
>

>>Today I learnt what a-characters and d-character are. I'm wondering if
>>"a"
>>and "d" comprise the full set though. Are there "b" and "c" characters?
>>How
>>about "e"?
>>

>I believe there are c-characters.  Unfortunately, the whole mess is
>documented in ISO-2022 which as we all know, you can't get without paying
>for it... which IMHO, is ridiculous.

The ECMA-35 is identical to ISO-2022:1994. Don't know if that helps
(maybe there is a more recent version of iso-2022) but the ECMA standard
is available here for free download:

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Standard.htm

regards,
dominik