[Techtalk] Cross platfrom email client

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at free.fr
Sat Nov 8 10:40:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:42:01 -0800 (PST)
<caitlyn at mizuhoradio.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:30:20 -0800 (PST)
> > <caitlyn at mizuhoradio.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Great!  Did I forget to mention that I really need bidi support for
> >> Hebrew?
> >
> > Wouldnt have a clue if thats supported or not. I do so NOT
> > understand char sets.
>
> Hi, Hamster,
>
> It really isn't a matter of character sets so much as a matter of good
> Unicode support and, more importantly, good bidirectional support.
> Hebrew, along with Arabic, Yiddish, Thai, and a few other languages,
> is written from right to left.  Imagine trying to type everything
> backwards ...

You can use an external editor also if you wish. I tried it yesterday -
for my own culture and to say "it works" ;) - I launched Emacs, typed a
few lines, quitted, and had my text in Sylpheed-claws nicely. But I
don't know if it really works with "exotic" thingies. However, Sylpheed
is meant to work in Japanese too (I think) so I believe this kind of
things could work.

Isa