Netscape and Mozilla (was: Re: [Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies)

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Sun Nov 2 23:57:36 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 14:47, Brenda Bell wrote:
> I have been looking for the arbitrary from address functionality in a
> Windows-based email client for eons.  I use qmail's dash-extensions to
> create one-off email addresses whenever I need to provide one in order to
> buy something or do a download -- if I ever get spammed at that address, I
> know exactly who the culprit is.  The problem is that I occasionally have
> to respond to a legitimate email at the one-off address.  Every client I
> have makes me add a new account.
>
> When you say Evolution, are you talking about Ximian?  It lets you do this?
> If so, maybe it's time to switch to a Linux client.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here, but even Winblowz's OE will
let you set a "reply to" address. That is possible in Evolution too.

And Linux has many advantages over winblowz. That's why I switched. :)

TechChiq
http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Paint Shop Pro 8/Wine, Linux, Digital Art, Photography, Web Site Design
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)