Netscape and Mozilla (was: Re: [Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies)

Brenda Bell k15a-list-linuxchix at theotherbell.com
Sun Nov 2 15:47:50 EST 2003

Quoting TechChiq <techchiq at hotpop.com>:

> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 06:09, Dominik Schramm wrote:
> > I also miss the ability to give arbitrary From: e-mail addresses
> because
> > I have several e-mail accounts each with several addresses. Mozilla
> > allows for only address per account.
>
> I enjoy using Evolution for now. Does all I need. I would like to find

I have been looking for the arbitrary from address functionality in a
Windows-based email client for eons.  I use qmail's dash-extensions to
create one-off email addresses whenever I need to provide one in order to
buy something or do a download -- if I ever get spammed at that address, I
know exactly who the culprit is.  The problem is that I occasionally have
to respond to a legitimate email at the one-off address.  Every client I
have makes me add a new account.

When you say Evolution, are you talking about Ximian?  It lets you do this?
 If so, maybe it's time to switch to a Linux client.

--
Brenda
http://opensource.theotherbell.com