[Techtalk] Opera Help with Replies

TechChiq techchiq at hotpop.com
Sat Nov 1 23:53:18 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 07:15, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

> Surely Opera has a reply to all button??  I tend to use that in my mail
> clients.

It does, but then I have to edit out the person's email that shows up as
well, so it's only replying to the list. I hate to over-load folk's
email box with double messages.

> Personally, I don't mind getting replys twice, since the post to the list gets
> automatically filtered into the appropriate folder, and I still see (and
> notice) the copy sent directly to me.

Well, speaking for me, I HATE getting replies twice. :( It just confuses
me so I rather have it just once. I don't know some don't mind and some
do. But since I don't like the idea of double replies I try not to do it
to someone else either. :)

> Don't know if there is a convention here on LinuxChix about the 'two copies'
> issue.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Also, I use a free POP
account not from my ISP so there might be a limit to how many messages
in a day I'm allowed to recieve anyway. There's that to consider as
well. Right now, I get only two lists and they aren't too high traffic.
But I still don't like reading the same message twice. :)

I got Evolution working again though. I straightened out an issue with
having to have two versions of GTK+ on the system in order to run some
things. Got stuff co-existing ok now. :)

TechChiq
http://members.fortunecity.com/techchiq/
Paint Shop Pro 8/Wine, Linux, Digital Art, Photography, Web Site Design
Linux User # 331707, Machine # 216034 (http://counter.li.org)