[Techtalk] object oriented references

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Wed May 7 21:37:25 EST 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:17:18AM -0500, Vera Childs wrote:
> Here's a book about design patterns, which might help:
> http://hillside.net/patterns/DPBook/DPBook.html

There's a copy of it at the Toronto reference library. Interesting book
but I wasn't sure what to do with it.

I found another book that made more sense to me: Beginning Object Oriented
Analysis and Design with C++ (by Jesse Liberty). Chapter Three: Class
Design talks about CRC cards (class-responsibility-collaboration). The
author noted that objects are not designed the same in C as they are in
C++. I believe the author said something like: in C there are controller
classes and "dumb" data classes. But in C++ the classes are self-contained
and the knowledge is more distributed instead of having one (or few)
classes that know how "everything" works.

According to these descriptions the objects I've created are more like the
C++ objects: self-contained.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin