[Techtalk] Cervix Distro?

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Wed May 7 13:06:35 EST 2003

>I read somewhere about a Linux distro called Cervix, that
>was developed solely by women. I don't see much information
>about it doing a search. Did it exist? Is it still alive?

A Google search revealed this:
   http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2001/10/11/womhackers.DTL
And that's all it revealed. I get the impression that it's one of those
projects that never really got off the ground.

As a side note, in that article, immediately following the reference to the
Cervix distribution, we see:
>On the high-traffic LinuxChix e-mail list "techtalk" -- a place for women
>(and some men) to discuss technicalities related to Linux -- gender is
>still a hotly debated topic. ...

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
   We're seeing crazy uptime numbers now, like three months,
   six months. I fully expect we'll see a year of uptime when
   Windows Server 2003 is finished.
      - Jeff Stucky, Microsoft senior systems engineer
   (How ironic...)