[Techtalk] Adding a new hard drive

PMarshall at flyingrhino.com PMarshall at flyingrhino.com
Thu May 1 10:12:26 EST 2003

I just added a nice new 80GB hard drive to my RH8 system and am totally
stumped on where to go from here.  The drive didn't show up using fdisk, so
I used WIN98's fdisk to create a partition and then changed that partition
from FAT32 to Linux using cfdisk.  What do I need to do to get the drive
recognized when the system boots so I can use it?  It shows up as hdc
during boot, but any attempts to access it have been fruitless.  I tried
adding it in /etc/fstab, but that just locked the system up.  I feel like a
total dummy.

Pat

Pat Marshall, MCSE, MCSA, A+
Systems Administrator