[Techtalk] Re: installing SCSI module.

Vytas Janusauskas vytas at magma.ca
Thu Mar 27 12:26:17 EST 2003

Hi All,

My tape drive host computer packed it in last night.  So, I am moving the SCSI adapter(AHA-2910B) to a Debian host (2.4.18).  Searching the web seems to point me in the direction that I need to install the SCSI module (aic7xx.0).  Online docs state that I must use either modprobe or insmod to accomplish the installation.  Unfortunately it's not working for me, no doubt I am missing something.  Anyone have a step by step outline or link to follow to activate the SCSI controller.

Thanks for all the helping!

Vytas