[Techtalk] Picture gallery

Erinn erinn at double-helix.org
Wed Mar 26 02:32:12 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 13:45, Caroline Patterson wrote:
> I'm using iGal <http://www.stanford.edu/~epop/igal/>.
>
> I like how quick it runs through my images and generates the album based
> on whatever templates I give it. It gives me tonnes of control over the
> gallery design.

I also use iGal and I like it a lot. I attempted to get Gallery running
on my website but was unable to get it to work for reasons I don't
remember. I think it's ideal for anyone who may not have hosting (or a
server of their own) that is compatible with some of the PHP based
galleries.

It gives a ton of options for customization as well and it is very
quick. The man page is well written also.

Plus I really like being able to make templates and hacking around in
the code to fix things - I don't feel the same confidence using code I
don't understand (i.e. PHP, Perl etc.)

Erinn
--
Muchas veces me pongo a contemplar