[Techtalk] Output of --list iptables

sara neuroticia at neuroticia.net
Tue Mar 25 21:45:39 EST 2003

Berenice,

It means that it's off at runlevels 0, 1, and 6 and on at runlevels 2,
3, 4, and 5.

In the case of Redhat Linux, the runlevels are as such:

0 - Halt
1 - Single-user mode
2 - Not used (user-definable)
3 - Full multi-user mode
4 - Not used (user-definable)
5 - Full multi-user mode (with an X-based login screen)
6 - Reboot

So I'd say it's definitely up on your system.

-Sara