[Techtalk] HTML Editor

Dan Richter daniel.richter at wimba.com
Tue Mar 25 15:49:52 EST 2003

If you would like set up a sort of web-based knowledge base for everyone on
a LAN, try Wiki. Wiki works with web pages (so it's platform independent),
but it makes it extremely easy for anyone in your group to change or update
existing work.

You can see this for yourself at Wikipedia, which is an encyclopedia
written by people all over the world using Wiki:
    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Experiment with page authoring in the "sandbox":
    http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ASandbox

By the way, Wiki generates "utility" HTML code - often lousy, depends on
the distribution - but it renders okay in every browser I've ever tried.
I'm a webmaster myself, and I always check my HTML code to make sure it's
standards-compliant, but I think that the ease of Wiki outweighs its lack
of standards compliance.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan at wimba.com ===========
  People in my area called and said, "How can you support [GATT] when
  you haven't read it?" They assume I haven't read it. They're right,
  of course - but I resent a little that they assume I haven't read it.
       - U.S. Senator Robert Bennet (R-Utah)