[Techtalk] Mutt O'phobia

anti tanvir anti_tanvir at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 02:25:01 EST 2003

I have setup mutt in RHL 8.0 with .fetchmailrc in the
user's home directory. It looks like this:

poll pop.mail.com proto pop3 user user_name password
user_pass
user user_name with pass user_pass is joe here
#mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T" {I commented out this
line later}

But when I do fetchmail it says something dangerous:

1 message for user at pop.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (1023
octets).
reading message 1 of 1 (1023 octets) . flushed
fetchmail: No mail for user  at pop.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

That is, it reads the msg and send it straight to
/dev/null

Also tried it with fetchmail -v for debugging output
but no luck so far.

And the .muttrc in the user's home looks like this:

set folder=~/Mail
set from="User <user at mail.com>"
set hostname="mail.com" #[this is not the smtp server]
set envelope_from="yes"

Sending mail:

error sending message: child exited 69(service
unavailable)

My sendmail is running in localhost fine.

Any mutt guru would be willing to offer any help?

-T.