[Techtalk] re: DNS and IP masquerading

Berenice showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 00:08:44 EST 2003

Sorry to be a pest about this topic!  I've finally finished setting
up my home network for internet connection sharing, but my sister's
computer still can't access the internet.  Our network consists of 2
computers.  Mine is the host and is a Win2000/RH 8 dual boot.  My
sister's is a Win98.  ATM our internet connection sharing only works
when I'm using Win2000.  When I use linux, we can still ping each
other but only my machine can reach the internet.  My sister gets the
"file not found" message if she opens Explorer. A friend suggested I
check her ICS, but I can't find anything wrong it.

I have no idea why this is happening, or where to start
troubleshooting.  Does anyone have suggestions as to what could be
causing this problem?

Many thanks
Berenice