[Techtalk] Finding windows files while using linux

Vera Childs vera at dc-vc.net
Wed Mar 19 17:29:00 EST 2003

On 3/19/2003 at 11:13 PM Gina Lanik wrote:
>Uh, something I picked up at tonight's LUG meeting - Win2k uses NTFS5
which
>is different from NTFS used with NT 4.0 - dunno, but that might be the
>problem...

Isn't the NTFS used in 4.0 called something different? I've never had to
try to access an NT 4.0 filesystem from Linux, so I don't know.

I access Win2k NTFS partitions all the time from Mandrake, but that kernel
defaulted to having this option turned on. I was really surprised when RH8
didn't have that. I think all the other distros I've tried have it.

-Vera