[Techtalk] pdfs and mutt

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Mar 18 02:06:20 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:20:18PM -0500, Terri Oda wrote:
> On a related note: is it possible to receive a message in HTML, respond to
> it in text, and have it quoted automatically and properly by mutt?  I keep
> meaning to look this up, but I don't know which search terms would find me
> the answer.

I don't know what you mean by proper quoting. If you mean "I'd like just
the text to appear in the response, none of the silly tags thanks", then
having a "auto_view text/html" link in your .muttrc normally makes that
work.

But if you mean something else by proper quoting (ie there's some
special quoting that you're meant to do for HTML mail - I'm sorry I
don't know much about it), please correct me :)

-Mary