[Techtalk] Internal modems and RH 7.2?

Robyn Manning rmanning at adam.com.au
Thu Mar 13 02:51:58 EST 2003

Hi

There's a command called lspci that shows you what Linux thinks is
connected to the PCI bus. You should find your modem listed and
hopefully its chipset. I just did a google search on 'swannsmart II
internal linux' and it came back with some interesting links. Post the
listing of lspci and I'll see what I can find for you.

Robyn

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 15:37, Jessica Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed RH 7.2 on the second disk in my home machine which normally
> runs Win95 and an internal winmodem (SwannSmart II). Does anyone know if
> getting this modem working under RH is do-able, and if so, how to do it?
>
> I'm not convinced it's worth the trouble to get a 56k connection instead of
> just plugging in an old serial 28k modem, but it's worth asking the question...
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jess

 _
( )	Ascii ribbon campaign against html email
/ \