[Techtalk] DNS and IP masquerading

Arashi showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 05:26:50 EST 2003

Phew! That's one less problem out of the way.  Should I put my
sister's IP address in the host file too?

My main problem now is putting together a proper script. What
essential things should be included in a well-written script?
I've been comparing various scripts with a basic one from the tldp
IPmasq howto and getting very confused.  Eg: 1. commands in one
script end with "&& \", similar ones in another script don't. 2. The
tldp script says that IPtables options are modular or compiled into
the kernel. Since I'm using the kernel that comes with the RH8, how
can I find out if the options I need have been compiled into the
kernel?  And if not, where can I get the modules from?

thanks again
Berenice