[Techtalk] "break" a PHP function without "exit"

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Sun Mar 9 20:15:23 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:27:30PM -0800, jennyw wrote:
> How about return()?

Yup that'd work. I'm so used to using return to return a value that I
forgot it could also be used as an "exit" of sorts.

thanks :)

emma <-- currently trying to figure out where to put translated strings for
4 different language templates/interfaces. Current solution:

function that selects request strings from a database with different
locales entered. Based on www.drupal.org

Each object (e.g. forum, article, comments, etc) will call the locale
function and specify which strings it needs translated.

e.g. get_trans("forum", $lang);

get_trans($which, $lang) {
	$forum = array("Last update", "By");
	// this isn't written yet
	for ($i....)
	select $lang from locales where keyword = $forum[$i];
	array_push($trans, $i => $lang);
	return($trans);

(or something like that...)

}

PPS did you know that "default" meant the following? I don't think I ever
considered it such a negative word! (I was trying to come up with a word
other than "default" for the Keyword column in the locales table.)
Entry Word: default
Function: noun
Text: 1
Synonyms FAILURE 1, delinquency, dereliction, neglect, oversight
Related Word deficiency, fault, imperfection, shortcoming; lapse,
weakness; disregard, omission, overlooking, slight
2
Synonyms ABSENCE, dearth, defect, lack, ||miss, privation, want

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]