[Techtalk] Destination Host Unreachable

Arashi showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 8 22:18:30 EST 2003

We have a home network of 2 computers (mine: RH8, my sister's:
win98), connected by a cross-over cable.  I was having problems
activating the ethernet connection via the Network Device Control,
and fixed this by using manual IP address settings (ie: address:
192.168.0.1, subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, default gateway:
139.134.99.179). Ethernet is now up and running but I get a
"Destination Host Unreachable" message when I ping my sister's
computer.  Yet I can ping myself and my sister's computer can ping
me.  What things can I check to fix this problem?

Thanks (again :D)
Berenice