[Techtalk] Spam-proof e-mail addresses in archives?

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at commsecure.com.au
Thu Mar 6 15:27:38 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:18:21PM -0700, Andrea Landaker wrote:
[...]
> Or maybe make the archives only available
> to subscribers?  Or maybe there's some other solutions that people have seen
> used successfully in the past?

I would be against this particular method. Oftentimes, the only way to
tell if subscribing to a list is going to be worthwhile is to have a
read of their archives. Also, I have received a fair number of pieces of
email over the past few years from people who have seen my posts on
particular problems to this list and have asked for more information for
solving their own cases. So the archives are apparently useful to
non-subscribers.

Malcolm

--
He who laughs last thinks slowest.