[Techtalk] Spam-proof e-mail addresses in archives?

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Wed Mar 5 21:18:21 EST 2003

OK, I just got my first bit o' spam at my personal @icecavern.net addresses --
and the only place these addresses are available on the internet (according
to Google, at least) is the linuxchix archives.  :-(

I know this has been talked about before, but is there a way we could have
e-mail addresses spam-proofed (or at least made more obscure) to help prevent
this kind of thing from happening?  Or if not, maybe a spam trap like
http://www.icecavern.net/friends (based on WPoison,
http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison/)?  Or maybe make the archives only available
to subscribers?  Or maybe there's some other solutions that people have seen
used successfully in the past?

I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it seems like something that could be
prevented (or at least reduced) without too much of a fuss.

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/