[Techtalk] Major sendmail bug announced

Raven Alder raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Mon Mar 3 17:36:59 EST 2003

Heya --

	In case any of y'all haven't heard yet, a major bug in sendmail
was announced today, and all users are urged to upgrade immediately.  No
exploit found in the wild that we know of yet, but there are many, many
attempts going to develop one.

http://www.sendmail.org/8.12.8.html

Patch, patch, patch.  [wry grin]

	Sorry for the repeat for all of those of you that have heard it
elsewhere... I figured this was major enough to risk boring some to help
others that don't read the security lists.

Cheers,
Raven

"One more day of work and you should be ready for testing here."
"Uh.  Testing.  Right.  Of course."
  -- nervous-making conversation from consulting