[techtalk] Windows won't boot after RHL7 install

Roberta Voulon timoneira at unbounded.com
Mon Mar 10 13:35:46 EST 2003

Hi Jason,

my email to you just bounced:

My lilo.conf is perfectly normal and ok.

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
	label=linux
	read-only
	root=/dev/hda6

other=/dev/hda1
	label=dos

Lilo in itself runs fine, i have the same problem when i try to boot into windows from another boot medium.

I don't get any error message, it's difficult to explain what happens since i never thought it could ever be impossible to boot from a boot disk.

For example, i boot from my dos boot disk. My bios is ok (boot A: > D: > C:), and the disk boots up. Before I get to the dos prompt, it probes for my drive and it is at that moment that it hangs. The cursor just blinks, and the led stays lit. Same thing when booting from lilo or the windows cd. Now i have three boot disks, one windows cd, and one win98 startup disk, they all work fine before the installation of redhat 7....

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Roberta

From: Angela Nash <Chick at the-nashes.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:08:41 -0500

>I dualboot with an AMD Thunderbird every day.
>
>What does your lilo.conf look like?  Do you get the option to boot to
>Windows and it gives an error, or what?
>
>Jason

[message truncated]