[Techtalk] taking the wireless plunge

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Sun Jun 22 09:50:27 EST 2003

Carla Schroder wrote:
>Seems to me any low-budget AP such as D-Link or Netgear, with a Web-based
>configurator, ought to work.

They had these for US$29.99 when I bought one
and it seems to work just fine (has a nifty web
interface, 64/128 encryption, etc, etc. But now
I see they've raised the price a little.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201520&pcount=&Product_Id=138061

Anyway, I find their refurb site to be interesting,
and I have had nothing but success with their
products, despite the non-brand-name status...

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201520

Walt

-~

     Wise men learn by other men's mistakes, fools by their own.
                         H.G. Bohn