[Techtalk] Majordomo Replacement?

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Thu Jun 19 18:28:28 EST 2003

At 3:00 PM -0700 6/19/03, Kai MacTane wrote:
>I need this thing replaced, and I'd rather not take the time to
>write my own MLM to do it. (I might well be able to at this point,
>but it would take a few months that I'd rather spend on other
>projects.) So I'm looking for suggestions for a Majordomo
>replacement.

I can't say whether either of these will fit your bill, but look at
Mailman (the one that runs these lists) or Sympa (www.sympa.org). The
advantages Sympa has over Mailman are that the backend is database
driven, and it is highly customizable in ways that mailman is not.

However it is a total b*tch to install. But, it's written in Perl,
which I like.
--
.Michelle

--------------------------
Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
tech at murrain dot net     http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575
SMS: 4132226350 at messaging dot sprintpcs dot com

"I am determined to cultivate only thoughts that increase trust and
love, to use my hands to perform only deeds that build community, to
speak only words of harmony and aid." - Thich Nhat Hanh