[Techtalk] Open source databases for end-users

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Thu Jun 19 10:05:23 EST 2003

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good open source
database that's easy for end-users to enter data into?  I'm specifically
looking to replace Access, but it doesn't need to have all Access
features (e.g. forms).  It would be good to be able to write reports,
but I'm not sure how necessary that is either if there's a way to get to
the data over ODBC from some reporting package.  The important thing is
that it be easy to enter data into tables similar to the way Access
works (like a spreadsheet) and to be able to manipulate tables
relatively easily.

Are there any graphical front-ends for MySQL that are fairly easy to
use?

Thanks!

Jen