[Techtalk] Could someone help me with a technical report

Kristen Grubb grubbysluggo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 17:37:40 EST 2003

Hi all,

This may be off topic and if I am posting to the wrong
group I sincerely apologize.

I am writing a technical paper for a class on the
conversion from Windows to Linux and I am hoping
someone can help me.

What I need is some real life data on the conversion
of a company from Windows to Linux.  The paper is
geared to CIOs and will include a cost benefit
analysis, the amount of downtime needed for the
conversion and the difficulty of teaching the new
operating systems to office staff, etc.  My fictional
company is a small company of approximately 100 - 200
employees including approximately a technical support
staff of approximately 10 - 20 persons.

Would anyone be willing to assist me in this endeavor?
Or at least point me in the right direction?  I could
use general "story" type information or I could send
you a questionnaire.  Which ever would be more
convenient.

Thank you very much in advance,

Kristen