[Techtalk] XP with Linux

Deanna Dunker 2xthefun at madbbs.com
Sun Jun 15 20:19:31 EST 2003

Hmm.. I was able to get in as root.  However, when i type "grub-install
/dev/hdc5" it comes back with:
mkdir: cannot create directory '/boot/grub': Read-only file system.

So I'm at the root shell, I'm able to create a directory normally on hdc5..
but for some reason it's telling me it's read only when i go to install grub.