[Techtalk] XP with Linux

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Fri Jun 13 13:54:47 EST 2003

hi Ed,

im not sure about GRUB but i'm running Mandrake 9.0 and XP on my laptop
and boot quite happily from LILO (graphical). XP came pre-installed on
this machine, so i used Partition Magic and Boot magic to get started -
that is until Boot Magic ate my partitions and boot files for XP! it
took a fair bit of fixing... but in the process i grabbed my boot floppy
and got into Mandrake, where i ran Lilo and set it to be my boot
manager. havent looked back ;-). the one thing i would say before you
try though, is back up everything, and make rescue floppies for
everything. grab the XP rescue floppies (6 floppy download) from the
microsoft site too. it was only by using those that i was able to get
back into XP again after corrupting XP's boot files.

hth

m~