[Techtalk] new system, fonts missing

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Tue Jun 10 13:05:16 EST 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:51:09AM -0500, Random wrote:

> On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 01:53  PM, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:57:45AM -0400, Terri Oda wrote:
> >>According to a glance through my font directories and the help of
> >>dpkg -S,
> >>helvetica is in the package xfonts-100dpi or xfonts-75dpi.
> >
> >Thanks! That fixed it. I'm not sure why it didn't want to read the
> >Helvetica that was installed through xfonts-base, but it doesn't matter
> >now. Yay! I can use xpdf again. :)
>
> I didn't think xfonts-base installed a helvetica. it installs fixed,
> cursor, clean, and various minimal cjk fonts

I think I may have installed gs fonts as well without realizing it. The
weird thing is that the xpdf config file pointed to a helvetica font that
I had in my system:
displayFontT1 Helvetica
/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/n019003l.pfb

That file existed, and yet it wasn't being read until I installed the
xfonts-100dpi and xfonts-75dpi.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin