[Techtalk] Trying to patch the kernel...

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Thu Jun 5 16:26:21 EST 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:26:52PM -0400, Caitlyn Martin wrote:
> Mandrake... hmmm... this is a 9.1 machine.  It has inspired me... to go
> back to Red Hat.  Mandrake kernels are very heavily patched for
> everything from xfs (SGI file system) support to interesting device
> patches.  I suspect they are harder to patch than those from most
> distros.

Debian distributed kernels also sport a lot of patches. I was unable
to get the ACPI patch to work on the debian kernel.

Info (for debian) on what's been patched is available in a README.Debian
file in the the main directory of the expanded package. e.g.:
	/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.20/README.Debian

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]