[Techtalk] Re-installing GRUB, dual boot win2k

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Jun 4 12:03:38 EST 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003, Carla Schroder wrote:
> D'oh! Talk about not reading carefully- I don't know how to make the
> 2nd drive the boot drive, maybe some BIOSes can do this, maybe not.
> I've tried it and not succeeded. Not to say it can't be done.

Some BIOSes can do it. Normally what you do is go to the boot order
section of the BIOS (where you can change between floppy, CDROM,
harddrive and net and change the order that the machine attempts to boot
from them). Some BIOSs list multiple hard drives in there - HDD-0,
HDD-1, HDD-2 etc. If your BIOS has this, you can boot from drives other
than the primary master (also known as HDD-0 or hda1).

-Mary