[Techtalk] Partitioning issues.

Marleen Garcia d.lineate at skynet.be
Sun Jul 27 15:02:53 EST 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 08:40:09PM -0500, Staci <scorcora at wisc.edu> wrote:

> bash-2.05a# mount -o ro -t vfat /dev/hda4 /mnt/hd
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda4,
>        or too many mounted file systems
>
> (incidentally it says the same thing with or without the "-o ro")

Happened to me once. Never solved it.

I had SuSE on the 4Gig drive (/dev/hdb) and 3 partitions on the 20Gig
drive (/dev/hda), which I used (temporarily) as an archive. 3 mount
points to /dev/hda, until I repartitioned the drive. Linux could
still mount the first partition because I hadn't messed with that. I
had resized the two last ones   =>  ended up with two "different"
partitions.

Is there perhaps a way to let linux know that the partition it needs
to access has an altered size? Could it be just that?

Marleen

--
Home set-up: SuSE 8.0 & Smoothwall   ~    http://www.bluneon.org