[Techtalk] PAM authentication

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Wed Jul 23 11:37:04 EST 2003

I need some help from someone who knows PAM.

This is the scoop:

I'm trying to get a web application to authenticate a username/password
combo. This web application will be running as the apache user. I can't
seem to find a configuration of PAM modules that will allow one user to
authenticate another. All of the configurations I've tried give me an
authentication error when I'm trying to authenticate a user as the
apache user.

Any tips/examples, etc would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
--
.Michelle
tech at murrain.net
http://www.murrain.net
ph:413-253-2874
cell:413-222-6350
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575