[Techtalk] report on shiny new Thinkpad, or, Windows sux worse than ever

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Sun Jul 13 11:57:02 EST 2003

Heh. While we're sharing Tosh linux stories...

I'm typing this on a Satellite 3000-X4, which is a lovely beast.
Everything cooperates fine, including the recovery CD it's shipped
with! I just booted my install CD, dropped to a shell (well - it's
slack, so you get a shell as a matter of course), repartitioned,
rebooted, used the recovery CD, and crammed 'doze into a few gigs at
the front of the 15gb I have. After booting into it about five times in
a year, I decided that enough was enough, and nuked the whole thing.
With the exception of a few hardware faults (hooray for warranties!),
it's served me well. Oh, yes - and I recently discovered that the only
reason I ever booted it into 'doze (Descent: Freespace) has a Linux
port. So - no regrets whatsoever :-D

Meredydd