[Techtalk] turning off setuid on smb shares

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Wed Jul 9 11:41:51 EST 2003

Okay, I'm having some difficulty finding out how
to do this in the man pages... I do not want files
created from a variety of windows workstations
on the linux smb share to have a setuid bit. Despite
the group having rw permissions, this causes
problems with one, lone annoying application: Quark.

Do I need to disable this in mounting the drive or
in the samba settings...? How do I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Walt

-~

     People should be taught what is, now what should be.  All my
     humor is based on destruction and despair.  If the whole world
     were tranquil, I'd be standing in the bread line--right back of
     J. Edgar Hoover.
                         Lenny Bruce