[Techtalk] Top Posting (was firewire)

Tracey Grrl Geek grrliegeek at elenari.net
Tue Jul 8 17:05:07 EST 2003

And it was said by Carla Schroder-->
> On Tuesday 08 July 2003 2:09 pm, Rachel McConnell wrote:
>> *snippity do dah snippity a*  Reader's choice.
>>
>> Rachel

> It's polite and useful to quote only the relevant bits. Just slapping a
>  response on top of a long thread is no good.

I agree with that.

> But even on  a mail list like this it's still wise and
> courteous to post and quote  properly. This particular custom is not
> arbitrary- it's about communicating  clearly.

The irony for me, that brings a grin to my face, is that I sometimes get
flack for asking too many "pesky questions" in the quest for clearer
communication. I've gotten accused of being anal. Now, you're not
hounding me for top posting, but for those brave souls that have poo pood
top posting, I'll do some self-flaggelation for you later ;) I'll go easy
on myself, since I can spell, using proper grammar, get around the
English language fairly well, and have never had anyone on the list
complain that my posts in particular are hard to understand or have too
much quoted material.

--
Tracey
Linux Counter #264789