[Techtalk] Printing - Saving color for Web Pages with background images?

James Sutherland jas at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 4 13:38:43 EST 2003

From: "Dan Richter" <daniel.richter at wimba.com>

> >I would like to know if there is anyway to avoid printing the background
> >images
> >of Web pages.
>
> With Mozilla (Linux and Windows), choose File -> Page Setup. There's a
> check-box that you can uncheck.
>
> Under Internet Exploiter, or at least my version, no such option exists,
> but I don't know if that means it's permanently on or permanently off,
> because many browsers don't print background images.

There is such an option - "Tools" menu, "Internet Options" dialog,
"Advanced" tab, under "Printing" - a checkbox "Print background colors and
images".

For completeness, Opera has one too: "File" menu, "Print Options" dialog, a
checkbox named "Print page background".

>    She's probably not.
>      - former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, when asked
>        if she would reconsider her stance on the U.S. nuclear
>        armament if her hero, Xena Warrior Princess, was anti-nuke.

I doubt Xena's opposed to any weapons. I suspect she shares my opinion of
[most] politicians though...

James.