[Techtalk] nasty sound using usb-audio and mdk 9.0

iriXx dev_null at iriXx.org
Tue Jan 28 00:57:48 EST 2003

hi conor,
thanks for your reply.. yeah, i tried something similiar like that with
a different rpm and found it did horrible things and wouldnt compile...
but it might well work for the alsa ones....
thanks for the tip on tarballs too - thats cool, i didnt know that!

in the end i found my solution - dont uninstall anything, as this is
risky (i tried the first time and destroyed kde ;-) but make a backup of
everything under /lib/modules/kernel-number/kernel/sound/ and then erase
everything in the directory. build alsa from CVS and install, but *dont*
run ./snddevices - mandrake uses devfs so running snddevices will kill
alsa dead....

and it works...
dont ask me how or why..... ;-)

bw
m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email