[Techtalk] Incorporating ssh into a bash script

Lucky Lady needlesschatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 12:20:22 EST 2003

Hi again,

Now that my back-up server is working fine, my boss
wants me to create a bash script that will ssh into
our remote database server, create a tar ball of the
database and copy the tar ball to the backup server.

I have never written a script that initiates ssh to
access a remote server. I was wondering if someone
could please help me with the ssh part of the script.
I have searched the internet for examples but have
found none

TIA,

DaLy

PS: My boss also wants me to set this up as a cron job
(done just before I create the back-up). I have never
done that as well. From what I researched, all I have
to do is set up the entry in crontab and put my
executable bash script in /bin. Is this correct?