[Techtalk] RPM proceedures & practices

Beth Johnson linux.chick at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 13:06:43 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 01:50, Andrew wrote:
> 	Hi All,
> 	I have rpm issues(-:

Who doesn't?  ;-)  I love RPM, but to a point!  Is there someone who has
a solid grasp of what we can do with RPM that can not only answer
Andrew's question (rebuilding to work on your system), but give us a
primer as well?  Like, I know we're supposed to be able to take tarballs
and build them into RPMs, but how do you do that?  What's the anatomy of
an RPM file?  What are some obscure but helpful options?

regards,
Beth
--
  /\/\    Beth Johnson