[Techtalk] OT: Getting Mozilla to run on HP-UX 11.00 (11.11)

jas at spamcop.net jas at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 13 22:20:46 EST 2003

Quoting "Caitlyn M. Martin" <cmartin at rateintegration.com>:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> I'd like to get Mozilla 1.2.1 running on an HP Visualize J5000
> workstation running HP-UX 11.00 (B.11.11).  I do have the prerequisites
> all installed (gettext, libiconv, gtk+, glib).  It core dumps when I try
> to run it.  Here's what I get:
>
> md5sum not found.
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libintl.sl
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> ./run-mozilla.sh[36]: 5138 Abort(coredump)
>
> Any HP + Mozilla gurus out there?  A web search turned up nothing.

It seems the library you need (libintl.sl) can live in
/opt/gettext/lib/libintl.sl - if you make a symlink to this file from
/usr/local/lib/libintl.sl you should get past this stage. (If it isn't there,
try using find to see if it's lurking elsewhere.)

Good old hunt the thimb - er, library. Sysadmin would be so much [easier|less
interesting] without it...!

James.