[Techtalk] Made RAID Mistake?

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 12 23:32:43 EST 2003

	The nugget posted by Kelly is great for giving prospective to nubies like
myself.  Thank you.
	I read a theory piece that questioned the need for hardware Raid now that
100,133 and SCSI 160MHz are available on the board or with less expensive
non-raid cards. Using intelligent partitioning, LVM and maybe software raid
should give satisfactory results.
	I am interested in opinions of the experienced people here. Maybe I am
missing part of the concept?

	Andrew

... That said,